HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN YOU TAKE?
- Eight guests, two staff and the captain.
WHAT’S THE BUDGET FOR GETTING THERE FROM MEDAN?
- Medan to Singkil – your van costs 900 000 Rupiah in total for up to 4 people with boards. A team of 5-8 surfers needs 2 vans (1,8 million Rupiah).
- Overnight stay in Singkil is 100 000 per room.
- Singkil to the islands on the fast boat – takes up to 5 surfers, the journey is 1.5 hours and costs 1,5 million for the group. 8 surfers need 2 boats.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THERE FROM MEDAN?
- In short, you get on the boat the day after you land in Medan, for more details about the journey check out the ‘getting there’ section.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING WITH ME?
Some useful stuff…
- Draw your money for the trip before you leave Medan airport!! Cash machines along the way die out quickly.
- There’s a fishing rod, take more if you like. Deny gets more luck with a local-style hand line, bring your spear gear if you have.
- Zinc oxide tape for reef cuts
- First aid; we have solid kit but it’s basic out there so bring your preferred potions
- Ding repair kit, spare board
- Rehydrate sachets don’t hurt
- Mozzie repellent! (bugs most common for an hour at sundown) – mosquito nets provided
- Biodegradable shower gel and toothpaste (it goes back into the ocean)
- Put all your beats on USB, there is a port and decent speakers
- Hat, towel, headlamp, books, shades, chargers etc
- Proper sunscreen and plenty of it
- Spare rashy, booties, fins, warm water wax
- A smile and sense of adventure
HOW OFTEN CAN WE GO TO PALAU BANGKARU?
- Over a 10 day period we go between Bay of Plenty and Palau Bangkaru up to 3 times, if the waves are cranking we sleep there, it’s flexible to the swell.
HOW DO WE SECURE OUR BOOKING?
- You pay 50% deposit to secure your trip and the other 50% at the end of your trip.
CAN YOU GET INTERNET SIGNAL?
- There is local phone signal. Getting internet data is fickle and not very reliable. Sometimes there’s a lucky spot. Get your obligations finished before you leave anyway.
WHAT LOCAL FLIGHTS GO TO MEDAN?
- From Bali, local airlines include Garuda, Susi and Lion air.
ARE THERE WAVES IN THE OFF SEASON?
- Of course, as to when – only King Neptune knows.
CAN WE HAVE EXCLUSIVITY OF THE BOAT
- Of course if you’re a team of 8. If you’re less people, get in touch as to the cost for boat exclusivity.